Monday, July 2, 2012

Give Thanks

Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18, ESV)

Give thanks is the theme in this month at JPCC. What is JPCC? Some of you maybe ask the same question. JPCC is the abbreviation of Jakarta Praise Community Church. If you want to know more, click THIS.

When did you say "thank you" with all your heart to others? Or do you always say thanks to God in every situation that you have?


Let me share from my point of view.
I'm thinking about myself too. Last day in June i was thinking that i don't want my birthday to come. Yes, it'll be on this Friday. I haven't ready yet for my new age. The new age in this year means something for me. I should be more mature in attitude and my thought. I should've been thinking about my future and have to know what will i do in the next couple year because i think that i'm too late in career compared with my friends who have been so success in their career. But Thanks God, He touched me once again, He has told me that i'm the instrument of God. It must be more greatful if i can say "Thanks Lord for who i am" then ask Him, "why Lord?"


A couple weeks ago, as i came back from retreat, we're stucked in a traffic jam. We stayed at the street, the same street for about two hours. I didn't do anything but sleep. Suddenly i prayed to God in my heart, and i said "God, i want to go home, please relieve us from this traffic." A couple seconds later, the cars in front of us began to move slow to fast. AMAZING GOD! Thanks for it.

Another experience was with my friend who felt stress with his thesis. Without my will, i told him a story about Jesus that i heard from a sister who teach me on retreat. Suddenly he feels that his spirit has come! AMAZING GOD! I'm really thankful to God that i can share His Love to others.

Today a friend of mine sent me a message and asked me to pray for her and her study. I could think "My study isn't great as well, why must i pray for her?" but instead of think the negatives way, I'm indeed thankful because she entrusted me to pray for her and also thanks to God because i'm sure, He is in me and He want to help my friend through me.

Thank you Lord, and i'm dedicated this thankful to all of my friends also.
Have a great day with God!

In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven. (Matthew 5:16 ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment